Play The Above Audio To Hear The Show
- Subscribe and Share
- Today’s Topic: Rethinking The Bible: How Culture Shapes Our Perception of Scripture – Part 1
- Cultural upbringing plays a key role in our understanding and perception of scripture.
Objections To Teaching About Ethnicity
- Head in the sand types want to act like it isn’t actually happening.
- Race doesn’t matter or “I don’t see race.”
- We’re all one race.
- The fact is that our perception of race and ethnicity play an important role in both religion and politics.
- Republican Stereotype: Rich, fat, racist white men.
- Democrat Stereotype: Black people (gun show story).
- Libertarians: Hippies
- The way the news is reported subconsciously shapes our thinking as well.
- Fox News
- More importantly it plays a key role in how we subconsciously interpret scripture.
- PERSONAL STORY: Adding a black character to Silent Screamers cover.
- Some people do not want people of color depicted as heroes or good guys.
- SEGWAY EXAMPLE: When X-Men: Days of Future Past revealed pictures of Bishop, people were mad that a black person was cast. Bishop was black in the comic books.
- The Curse of Cain (Black Skin) – Genesis 4:15
- The 8th Day Creation (White Adam) – Genesis 2:7
- The Curse of Ham (Black Skin) – Genesis 9:22-26
- Christian Identity
- British Israelism
To be continued…
- Visit Ministerfortson.com and BlackHistoryInTheBible.com for show notes and updates.