Bible Study Downloads & PrintablesUltimate Bible Cheat Sheets | Instant Bible Studies | Ultimate Bible Adventure Packs
There is no doubt that the church has been slow to adapt to the internet age, but what can they do to fix it? In this episode I address quite a few questions I’ve had about starting an online ministry and how traditional churches can branch out into online ministry.
- I grew up in church (grandfather and uncle were deacons)
- I’ve been licensed and ordained since 2009.
- I’ve been involved in online ministry since 2009.
- I’ve helped found a local church.
- I served on the board of directors.
- I wrote for a Christian newspaper.
- They had a strong local presence but a weak online presence.
- They didn’t want to rock the boat with anything controversial.
What Is An Analog Church?
- An analog church is a traditional church.
- When we think of a church we think of a building, pews, a podium and a preacher.
- We think of tithes, offering, and in a lot of black churches, a building fund.
Online Ministries Aren’t Taken As Serious
- Online ministries usually aren’t taken as seriously as brick and mortar ministries.
- The traditional church makes online outreach a secondary agenda… and sometimes it’s not on the agenda at all.
- Digital ministry should be part of the outreach agenda.
The Advantages of Analog Ministry
- A regular place to fellowship.
- Church service
The Advantages of A Digital Ministry
- The reason Hollywood Video and Blockbuster went out of business is because they refused to adapt fast enough when Netflix came around.
- Podcasts are replacing pulpits.
- YouTube sermons get watched more than sermons on TV.
- Websites allow believers to study any day and any time of the week.
- Outreach is faster, cheaper, and instant (social media).
How Can An Analog Ministry Survive In The Digital Age?
- Start a social media outreach team.
- Optimize the church website for local results.
- Post sermons on YouTube.
- Interact with the congregation more.
- Start a podcast.
- Put sermons online.
- Free book on BHITB
Show Your Support - Buy A BookClick Here To Read All of My Books Free On Kindle
More Black History In The Bible
“And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not. Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me? He that is of God heareth God’s words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.” – John 8:45-47