Thursday, September 24"And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not."

Reply To: Wisdom is the Holy Spirit

Home Forums Bible Studies Wisdom is the Holy Spirit Reply To: Wisdom is the Holy Spirit

Terence Jackson
Participant
  • Affiliation: Israelite
    Up
    Down

I don’t think it fits. Solomon specifically has “us” as men refer to wisdom as a sister. IMO, that’s a key statement that disqualifies it as any type of mother or Holy Spirit because we are not on equal footing as the Holy Spirit. However, in this case it is clearly spelled out why wisdom is important. We can’t get to wisdom without the fear of the TMH. We must know what we need to hate in order to make our way to wisdom. Wisdom isn’t going to introduce us to understanding if we do the things that she hates.

Proverbs 8:13 The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

Another thing to note is that “wisdom” is a lowercase name as is “understanding”. We have to keep in mind that wisdom may not be a real entity and instead a parable used by Solomon and he is anthropomorphizing wisdom. Telling you that there are things that wisdom hates helps us better understand how to get wisdom. If you are prideful, arrogant, dishonest, or evil then you keep yourself from being blessed with wisdom because wisdom is selfless.