Wednesday, May 27"And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not."

Book of Isaiah

Home Forums Bible Studies Book of Isaiah

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Helpful
    Up
    Down
    Not Helpful
    Dreamsky
    Participant
    • Affiliation: Individual

Hello,
      I have been studying the book of Isaiah and have found this book to be even more difficult than the book of Revelation. I am definitely not a Bible expert and I have lots of questions, but particularly with the book of Isaiah, this book does not seem to get the attention that it should as compared to other books in the Bible. I have only read the first half and not made it past chapter 30. But it appears that there are a lot of unfulfilled prophecies in the book of Isaiah. For example, in Isaiah chapter 19 it describes the burden against Egypt, and in verse 5 it says, “The waters will fail from the sea, and the river will be wasted and dried up”. To me, that sounds quite literal though when I asked a church elder, they said it was “spiritually speaking”. However, I think this is something that could truly happen in the future, as the Nile river has yet to be dried up. But even if it is a spiritual thing the rest of chapter 19 talks about Egypt speaking the language of Canaan, and an alter being made to Yahuwah, and also in verse 24, “In that day Israel will be one of three with Egypt will be one of the three with Egypt and Assyria- a blessing in the midst of the land,”. Of course, there is a lot more in chapter 19, but just interested if anyone had any thoughts or suggestions or know of anyone who has studied this in-depth.

Helpful
      Up
      Down
      Not Helpful
      Jibroni
      Participant
      • Affiliation:

Do you believe these prophesies you point out to be end times prophecies, or events that occur leading up to it? How do you define the “last days”? Does it occur with the “beginning of sorrows”, where nation shall rise against nation, accompanied with all sorts of ‘natural’ disasters, earthquakes, plagues and economic turmoil etc? Or, is it when the Antichrist sits in the temple and declares himself God? These are the things you need to ask yourself when reading Isaiah, because its honestly all over the place with its narrative. I haven’t read all of it myself, although I’ll take a look at the specific scriptures in question. The second thing you need to realize is that all prophecy that concern the last days are not going to be 100% identical to Revelation. Before Revelation, no one had the full story of what actually occurs, not even Jesus himself. Therefore, all end times prophecy prior to revelation should be considered as references at best, and that includes the Olivet Discourse.

I’m sure this is something you haven’t heard suggested before, but you will come to the conclusion from reading revelation correctly that a lot of what the rest of the book says occurs doesn’t actually happen in the order they claim it does. I’ll just say that if the Nile for instance dries up prior to the sixth seal in Revelation 6, which contrary to popular assumption is the true Day of the Lord, not the seventh trumpet like Jesus and Paul claimed, then no, it really isn’t an “end times” prophecy. The only true way we’ll ever know when “the end” has come IS the Day of the Lord itself, which does NOT usher in the rapture, but Gods judgement, the seven trumpets. When you see the sun turn black, the moon turn red, the starts fall from heaven, with a massive earthquake, then you will know that God is about to lay the smack down.

(Revelation 6:12-17) “And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood; {13} And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind. {14} And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places. {15} And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains; {16} And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: {17} For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by Jibroni.
        • This reply was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by Jibroni.
        Helpful
        Up
        Down
        Not Helpful
        Jeshurun
        Participant
        • Affiliation:

@ DREAMSKY – Your question in interesting and very timely.

Isaiah 19 is all about TMH judgement on “Egypt”

If we examine prophecies in Ezekiel ch 29-32, we find that Egypt is America.

This can be proven by looking at Ezekiel 31 which describes “Egypt” as the tallest “tree” in the garden of God” – Eze 31:8-10

Metaphorically speaking, “Egypt” tree = most powerful nation
          Garden of God = Earth

Isaiah 19 therefore, is the coming judgement of America.
          (Egypt- greatest nation on Earth = America)

We see how TMH rides into Egypt on a cloud and finds Egypt embroiled in a CIVIL WAR at that time. -v2

THE VERSES GO ON TO DESCRIBE HOW AMERICA WILL BE OVERRUN BY FOREIGN ARMIES AND BECOME UNDER THE SUBJECT OF A CRUEL LEADER. -V4. compare Jer 50:3

Furthermore, the lifeblood of Ancient Egypt was the Nile – v5
          but the lifeblood of America is its capitalist system and its trading, all of which will dry up as TMH judgement passes judgement over the nation.

All people who relied upon this economy will groan as it is decimated in the forthcoming destruction. – v5-10

The Government, both state and Federal will not know what to do about the planned downfall of America. – v12-14

Americans will begin to fear because this will be an event that has never occurred before. As a consequence, they become afraid of African-Americans who they identify as Hebrews. -v17

There will be 5 cities in America “speaking the language of Canaan”.
          The language of Canaan is Hebrew. Therefore, 5 cities speaking Hebrew identifies these cities as having large Hebrew populations

One of these cities, depending on your translation is called “The city of demolition/destruction or “The city of tearing down”
          Interestingly, Atlanta is actually nicknamed, “the city of demolition/destruction/tearing down”
          This is because Atlanta has destroyed the most buildings in US history and earned that nickname.

v15 speaks of a monument which the Hebrews will build in the “heart” of America. Monuments are what the Hebrews traditionally did at great events.
          More than likely, this altar will be built in Washington DC

v20 tells us that this monument will serve as a sign for the Hebrews who will come under heavy persecution during this time. They will cry out for a savior to help them. TMH will send a savior to free them from captivity.
          -v20. see Jer 50:4,5

America will also be struck with a plague (not coronavirus) and many Americans will repent and TMH will accept them. v.21
          Some of these Americans will go with the Hebrews back to Zion. – Zech 8:23

I haven’t quite worked out the rest of the verses as I’m still in the process of requesting help from the spirit but suffice to say, Isaiah ch 19 is all about the upcoming destruction of America which is due at the end of the FULL COMPLETED 400 years. – Gen 15:13

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.