Monday, April 6"And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not."

Food

Home Forums Iron vs Iron Food

• This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 4 weeks ago by Del.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Helpful
    Up
    Down
    Not Helpful
    Del
    Participant
    • Affiliation:

Hello Guys,

What should we eat? What the Bible said about eating meat. “Every creature of God is clean” but what about those that is not of God, should we eat them.

I believe Leviticus 11 & 2nd Tim can help with this debate.

The reason why I think this debate might be interesting is one of Dante studies on “As the days of Noah were” so shall it be in the end.

Helpful
      Up
      Down
      Not Helpful
      Ruhamah A
      Participant
      • Affiliation:

I still eat meat but since my awakening I stopped eating Pork. It just didn’t feel right to me. I loved me some bacon even had bacon scented soap and air fresheners!
        I used to be a big on Acts 10:13 ate what I wanted,personally now I just don’t want to. Maybe bacon for me was an idol and GOD allowed it to fade away? Just don’t have that desire any longer. Not sure if this is debatable because I feel it is a personal choice, others may disagree but I am not convinced that eating pork chops will send me to hell.

Helpful
        Up
        Down
        Not Helpful
        Del
        Participant
        • Affiliation:

Hi everyone,

I made a mistake on my first post, I should have put Leviticus 11 and Acts 10, my apologies.

Nowadays we have people in society that eat everything that walk and creep upon the face of the earth. I believe this come from Acts 10, vs 9-16 where Peter has the vision with all the animals and the voice told him to kill and eat, and he told the Lord that he doesn’t eat anything that is common or unclean. The Lord also told him not to call what God cleansed common.

If we dig further in the chapter we see verses 27-29 and 34-35 I believe telling us the vision Peter saw was not necessarily referring to animals but people from different nations that fear him, especially the gentiles mentioned in vs 45. Vs 44-45 is where the gentiles first received the Holy Spirit.

Based on this piece of evidence I believe we can stick to Leviticus 11 and stay away from eating the animals mentioned in Leviticus 11.

Helpful
          Up
          Down
          Not Helpful
          Devarim
          Participant
          • Affiliation: The Son

Christ said it is not what goes into a man’s mouth but comes out.

Helpful
            Up
            Down
            Not Helpful
            Del
            Participant
            • Affiliation:

Matt 15v2 talked about the tradition of the elders or we could say the tradition of man which is not of God.

If we look further down into Matthew 15v20 we see that Christ was not necessarily addressing the food that they were eating, He was talking about eating with unwashed hands. Unwashed hands is the tradition of man. I can’t remember seeing in the bible where it said we should was our hands before eating. So if you eat with unclean hands, any dirt on your hands just enter your mouth and passed through your system. So in this passage Christ was not talking about what we eat, He was addressing unclean hands.
              I hope this helps

Helpful
              Up
              Down
              Not Helpful
              Itohan
              Participant
              • Affiliation:

Shalom everyone! This is my first time on posting on this forum. I only became aware of this site about a week ago. Thank you, Dante, for your work.
                Always very thorough. Many blessings to you!

My take on this topic is this:
                Everything God created has its usefulness and purpose. But God went to the trouble of telling us what to eat because he made us and he knows what is good for our system. Every unclean animal has its particular purpose. If it was already pronounced unclean by God himself, he would not go back on his word. Some use Colossians 2:16: “Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:” to justify themselves, but this is talking about means that people would ordinarily eat as clean anyway.

Consider Isaiah 66:17 – “Those who sanctify themselves and purify themselves, To go to the gardens After an idol in the midst, Eating swine’s flesh and the abomination and the mouse, Shall be consumed together,” says the LORD. This is talking about the future…

Thank you. Shalom!

Helpful
                Up
                Down
                Not Helpful
                Del
                Participant
                • Affiliation:

you are spot on.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.