Monday, April 6"And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not."

Wisdom is the Holy Spirit

Home Forums Bible Studies Wisdom is the Holy Spirit

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Helpful
    Up
    Down
    Not Helpful
    Devarim
    Participant
    • Affiliation: The Son

Proverbs 8 says she was created before anything else and along with God during creation. John said in the beginning was The Word and The Word was God and With God. Genesis says let US make man in OUR image. There are three that bear record in heaven and on earth and all 3 are in agreement. Revelation 12 is Wisdom giving birth to Christ before creation as He is taken to God and would rule with him with a rod of iron. It was those who deceive who changed her to a he and at the same time blaspheming her not only to hide truth but to elevate Mary above her.

Proverbs 8
      Revelation 12
      Hebrews 1

Honor thy Mother and Father. Christ existed well before Mary. Some said,Mary conceived by the Holy Spirit, they are in error. They do not know what they are saying.When did a woman ever conceive by a woman?

Helpful
      Up
      Down
      Not Helpful
      Devarim
      Participant

Daniel 2, God raises up kings, Proverbs 8, By Wisdom, kings reign, Revelation 19, Christ King of kings, Lord of lords. You were wondering who Wisdom was. Hope this brings understanding.

Helpful
        Up
        Down
        Not Helpful
        Terence Jackson
        Participant
        • Affiliation: Israelite

I’m not sure if what you are saying is that Wisdom equates to mother. If that is what you’re saying, I’d have to disagree.

Proverbs 7:4 Say unto wisdom, Thou art my sister; and call understanding thy kinswoman:

Proverbs 8:1 Doth not wisdom cry? and understanding put forth her voice?

I’m taking this as wisdom is a separate entity from the Holy Spirit. Just as understanding is its own entity. I believe this because in the scripture is careful to call one a sister and the other a kinswoman. In both verses I posted, it calls to both wisdom and understanding instead of it having one name. It is so careful to point out the names, separate the two, and explain how we are to view them that I don’t think that they can be the Holy Spirit.

Helpful
          Up
          Down
          Not Helpful
          Devarim
          Participant

Thanks for the response. Proverbs 8 says she was the first of all creation. Revelation 12 would equate to her being a mother as it is there where she is giving birth to the spirit of Christ before creation.

Helpful
            Up
            Down
            Not Helpful
            Terence Jackson
            Participant

Are you sure that the name “wisdom” is in Revelation 12?

Helpful
              Up
              Down
              Not Helpful
              Devarim
              Participant

That’s something that comes with understanding. See how that works? It’s not Mary it’s talking about as that takes place before creation. There was only one war in heaven where a third of the angels(stars as it says)were cast down. So this “woman” is having a child that is taken to God to rule with him. It then goes on to say that that child is indeed Christ. So again, If Wisdom is the first of all creation and was with God and the word at creation and all three are in agreement, I’d say she fits. The baptism is another good example. God is above saying “this is my son in who I am well pleased” and the dove ascends who is the Holy Spirit. To me I’ve always pictured that dove as feminine. Christ also said when he left he’d send the comforter. When you are a child, who do you go to for comfort? Your mother or father?

Helpful
                Up
                Down
                Not Helpful
                Terence Jackson
                Participant

I don’t think it fits. Solomon specifically has “us” as men refer to wisdom as a sister. IMO, that’s a key statement that disqualifies it as any type of mother or Holy Spirit because we are not on equal footing as the Holy Spirit. However, in this case it is clearly spelled out why wisdom is important. We can’t get to wisdom without the fear of the TMH. We must know what we need to hate in order to make our way to wisdom. Wisdom isn’t going to introduce us to understanding if we do the things that she hates.

Proverbs 8:13 The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

Another thing to note is that “wisdom” is a lowercase name as is “understanding”. We have to keep in mind that wisdom may not be a real entity and instead a parable used by Solomon and he is anthropomorphizing wisdom. Telling you that there are things that wisdom hates helps us better understand how to get wisdom. If you are prideful, arrogant, dishonest, or evil then you keep yourself from being blessed with wisdom because wisdom is selfless.

Helpful
                  Up
                  Down
                  Not Helpful
                  Devarim
                  Participant

She’s not our mother. There’s only one begotten. We’re of adoption.

Helpful
                    Up
                    Down
                    Not Helpful
                    Devarim
                    Participant

“Wisdom is a spirit that is friendly to people, but she will not forgive anyone who speaks against God, for God knows our feelings and thoughts, and hears our every word.”
                      ‭‭The Wisdom of Solomon‬ ‭1:6‬ ‭GNTD‬‬

What’s the one unforgivable sin?

Helpful
                      Up
                      Down
                      Not Helpful
                      Terence Jackson
                      Participant

So what you are saying, in this case, mother doesn’t refer to “our” mother. Solomon is saying that we should refer to wisdom as our sister. So by that logic, we are the uncles/aunts of our savior.

Helpful
                        Up
                        Down
                        Not Helpful
                        Devarim
                        Participant

“Since the Lord’s spirit fills the entire world, and holds everything in it together, she knows every word that people say.”
                          ‭‭The Wisdom of Solomon‬ ‭1:7‬ ‭

No. She’d be our sister. If she is God’s consort or wife, and we are not begotten of them, she should be referred to as a sister, no? Father as headship.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Devarim.
                          Helpful
                          Up
                          Down
                          Not Helpful
                          Devarim
                          Participant

“The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, ‘Look, a glutton and a winebibber, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!’ But wisdom is justified by her children.””
                            ‭‭Matthew‬ ‭11:19‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Helpful
                            Up
                            Down
                            Not Helpful
                            Devarim
                            Participant

“Realizing that I was only human, I prayed and was given understanding. The spirit of Wisdom came to me. I regarded her more highly than any throne or crown. Wealth was nothing compared to her. Precious jewels could not equal her worth; beside Wisdom all the gold in the world is a handful of sand, and silver is nothing more than clay. I valued her more than health and good looks. Hers is a brightness that never grows dim, and I preferred it to any other light. When Wisdom came to me, all good things came with her. She brought me untold riches. I was happy with them all, because Wisdom had brought them to me. I had not realized before that she was the source of all these things. I was sincere in learning from her, and now I am glad to share what I learned. No one can ever exhaust the treasures of Wisdom. Use those treasures and you are God’s friends; he approves of what you learn from her. I pray to God that my thoughts may be worthy of what I have learned, and that I may speak according to his will. He is Wisdom’s guide; he gives correction to those who are wise. We are under his power and authority—we ourselves, our words, all our understanding and skills. It is he who gave me true knowledge of the forces of nature: what the world is made of; how the elements behave; how the calendar is determined by the movements of the sun, the changing seasons, the constellations, and the cycles of years. He has taught me about the nature of living creatures, the behavior of wild animals, the force of the winds, the reasoning powers of human beings, the different kinds of plants, and the use of their roots as medicine. I learned things that were well known and things that had never been known before, because Wisdom, who gave shape to everything that exists, was my teacher. The spirit of Wisdom is intelligent and holy. It is of one nature but reveals itself in many ways. It is not made of any material substance, and it moves about freely. It is clear, clean, and confident; it cannot be harmed. It loves what is good. It is sharp and unconquerable, kind, and a friend of humanity. It is dependable and sure, and has no worries. It has power over everything, and sees everything. It penetrates every spirit that is intelligent and pure, no matter how delicate its substance may be. Wisdom moves more easily than motion itself; she is so pure that she penetrates everything. She is a breath of God’s power—a pure and radiant stream of glory from the Almighty. Nothing that is defiled can ever steal its way into Wisdom. She is a reflection of eternal light, a perfect mirror of God’s activity and goodness. Even though Wisdom acts alone, she can do anything. She makes everything new, although she herself never changes. From generation to generation she enters the souls of holy people, and makes them God’s friends and prophets. There is nothing that God loves more than people who are at home with Wisdom.”
                              ‭‭The Wisdom of Solomon‬ ‭7:7-28‬ ‭GNTD‬‬

Helpful
                              Up
                              Down
                              Not Helpful
                              Devarim
                              Participant

“Wisdom has been my love. I courted her when I was young and wanted to make her my bride. I fell in love with her beauty. She glorifies her noble origin by living with God, the Lord of all, who loves her. She is familiar with God’s mysteries and helps determine his course of action.”
                                ‭‭The Wisdom of Solomon‬ ‭8:2-4‬ ‭GNTD‬‬

So good

Helpful
                                Up
                                Down
                                Not Helpful
                                Devarim
                                Participant

Acts 2 is perfect. Titled the coming of the Holy Spirit. Read in entirety but this and Joel match Sirach.

“‘This is what I will do in the last days, God says: I will pour out my Spirit on everyone. Your sons and daughters will proclaim my message; your young men will see visions, and your old men will have dreams. Yes, even on my servants, both men and women, I will pour out my Spirit in those days, and they will proclaim my message.”
                                  ‭‭Acts‬ ‭2:17-18‬ ‭GNTD‬‬

““Afterward I will pour out my Spirit on everyone: your sons and daughters will proclaim my message; your old people will have dreams, and your young people will see visions. At that time I will pour out my Spirit even on servants, both men and women.”
                                  ‭‭Joel‬ ‭2:28-29‬ ‭GNTD‬‬

“All wisdom comes from the Lord, and Wisdom is with him forever. Who can count raindrops or the sand along the shore? Who can count the days of eternity? How high is the sky? How wide is the earth? How deep is the ocean? How profound is Wisdom? Can anyone find answers to these questions? Wisdom was created before anything else; understanding has always existed.

Has anyone ever been shown where Wisdom originates? Does anyone understand her subtle cleverness?

There is only one who is wise, and we must stand in awe before his throne. The Lord himself created Wisdom; he saw her and recognized her value, and so he filled everything he made with Wisdom. He gave some measure of Wisdom to everyone, but poured her out on those who love him. If you fear the Lord, honor and pride will be yours; you will be crowned with happiness and joy. To honor the Lord is a heartfelt delight; it will give you a long and happy life, and at the end of your days all will go well for you. God will bless you on the day of your death. To fear the Lord is the first step to Wisdom. Wisdom is given to the faithful in their mothers’ wombs. She has lived with us from ancient times, and generations to come will rely on her. To fear the Lord is Wisdom at her fullest; she satisfies us completely with her gifts and fills our homes and our barns with all that our hearts can desire. To fear the Lord is the flower of Wisdom that blossoms with peace and good health. She sends knowledge and understanding like the rain, and increases the honor of those who receive her. To fear the Lord is the root of Wisdom; her branches are long life.”
                                  ‭‭Sirach‬ ‭1:1-4, 6, 8-20‬ ‭GNTD‬‬

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 73 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.