Babel was the center of the first world empire and was founded by Nimrod, the son of Cush and grandson of Ham.
“And Cush begat Nimrod: he began to be a mighty one in the earth. He was a mighty hunter before the LORD: wherefore it is said, Even as Nimrod the mighty hunter before the LORD. And the beginning of his kingdom was Babel, and Erech, and Accad, and Calneh, in the land of Shinar.” – Genesis 10:8-10
Babel is also the place where the people had advanced to a level where they wanted to build a tower that reached into the heavens, but God destroyed it.
“Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the LORD did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the LORD scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.” – Genesis 11:9
More Black History In The Bible
- African Cities In The Bible – The Complete List
This page serves as a database of all of the cities in the Bible that were established by Ham and his descendants. For more information on each city, please click the links provided. […]
- Nimrod: The First African (Cushite) World Leader
Nimrod is arguably one of the most important people in the Old Testament, but there is very little said about him in scripture. However, what is said changes the entire course of human […]
- New Book: Earth’s Final Great Awakening – Pre-Order Today A long time ago, in a land far far away, a great cry went up before God, and he sent them a deliverer. I believe that once again, we are entering a time at which a great cry will go up […]
- Tamar: The African Mother of Judah’s Son Pharez
The story of Tamar is brief, but important in the grand scheme of scripture. She first appears in the Bible after Judah moves to Canaan and takes a wife for himself. He then chooses […]
- Ephraim: The Half African Tribe
When Joseph was enslaved in Egypt, he eventually rose to power and married an Egyptian woman named Asenath. Two children resulted from this marriage and they were Ephraim and […]