There is no doubt that the church has been slow to adapt to the internet age, but what can they do to fix it? In this episode I address quite a few questions I’ve had about starting an online ministry and how traditional churches can branch out into online ministry.
- I grew up in church (grandfather and uncle were deacons)
- I’ve been licensed and ordained since 2009.
- I’ve been involved in online ministry since 2009.
- I’ve helped found a local church.
- I served on the board of directors.
- I wrote for a Christian newspaper.
- They had a strong local presence but a weak online presence.
- They didn’t want to rock the boat with anything controversial.
What Is An Analog Church?
- An analog church is a traditional church.
- When we think of a church we think of a building, pews, a podium and a preacher.
- We think of tithes, offering, and in a lot of black churches, a building fund.
Online Ministries Aren’t Taken As Serious
- Online ministries usually aren’t taken as seriously as brick and mortar ministries.
- The traditional church makes online outreach a secondary agenda… and sometimes it’s not on the agenda at all.
- Digital ministry should be part of the outreach agenda.
The Advantages of Analog Ministry
- A regular place to fellowship.
- Church service
The Advantages of A Digital Ministry
- The reason Hollywood Video and Blockbuster went out of business is because they refused to adapt fast enough when Netflix came around.
- Podcasts are replacing pulpits.
- YouTube sermons get watched more than sermons on TV.
- Websites allow believers to study any day and any time of the week.
- Outreach is faster, cheaper, and instant (social media).
How Can An Analog Ministry Survive In The Digital Age?
- Start a social media outreach team.
- Optimize the church website for local results.
- Post sermons on YouTube.
- Interact with the congregation more.
- Start a podcast.
- Put sermons online.
- Free book on BHITB
Show Your Support - Buy A BookClick Here To Read All of My Books Free On Kindle
Do you think that Europeans created Christianity? Well... you've been lied to. Click the red button below to get a FREE copy of my book Pre-Slavery Christianity