[table id=1 /]
[table id=27 /]
Have you ever given any thought to when you began and why you were born now instead of 100 years ago or 100 days ago? There are a lot of questions that we have that often go unanswered, and when we ask them, there’s always that one guy (or girl) that interjects with “the Bible doesn’t say, so we don’t need to know”. But what if the Bible does say and they just haven’t looked?
“For if thou altogether holdest thy peace at this time, then shall there enlargement and deliverance arise to the Jews from another place; but thou and thy father’s house shall be destroyed: and who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this?” – Esther 4:14
Was Esther created in that time period specifically for this task?
- She had the right face, body, personality, intelligence level, etc., which is why the Persian king chose her.
- She had the balls to take action and risk her life, which is why she saved her people.
There are other verses that indicate that there may be more to why we are who we are and when we are:
“Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.” – Jeremiah 1:5
Is God saying he knew Jeremiah before he was born in the literal sense or is he saying that he knew Jeremiah in the way that God knows everything? Let me clarify a little. There are some that believe that our souls are created in heaven / spiritual realm, and are then placed in our human bodies at some point before birth.
- If our souls are created prior to birth, the reference would be a literal interpretation.
- If our souls aren’t created until it’s placed in our body, the reference would be to God’s all knowing power.
- It could also be both.
To me it doesn’t make sense to exist prior to being born, only to forget everything from our previous spiritual existence. Its one of the points I bring up in debates with Buddhists. I can’t rule out pre-existence, but I can say that it’s not a logical path. Let’s go down this rabbit hole a little deeper:
- I know I like air conditioning and I’d hate living at any time prior to the invention of it… God knows this too.
- I know I love to research, write, and share it… God knows this too.
- I know I like do nerd stuff like tinker with SEO, read statistics, and mess around with coding on the site. God knows this too.
These are just three personal examples, but there are really only three conclusions I can come to:
- I existed prior to being born, discussed these things with the Most High, and we chose when I’d be born.
- I existed prior to being born, did not discuss anything with The Most High and he alone chose when I’d be born.
- I did not exist prior to being born and The Most High used his all knowing power to chose when I’d be born.
The one thing I know for certain is that none of this is random. We are all who we need to be and when we need to be… even if we aren’t currently where we need to be.
[table id=27 /]