Friday, September 25"And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not."

Reply To: 613 commandments or 10?

Home Forums Iron vs Iron 613 commandments or 10? Reply To: 613 commandments or 10?

Itohan
Participant
  • Affiliation:
    Up
    Down

Hello. Your argument on not keeping the law because it is done away with is good, but I would like to draw your attention to the following…
    Following the law shows our love for the Most High God. We are not perfect, and he knows that, but when we follow his rules, we show that we have faith in Christ and we are trying to walk in God’s way and worshiping him according to the way he wants us to worship him. Christ is the ultimate fulfillment of the law, however even he pointed people to the law when he walked the earth.
    We cannot say we love God and we want to be in his house (his kingdom) and not follow his rules. We can’t even do that with our human counterparts. The 10 commandments are clear enough and most people would say that they try to follow them. 1John 3:4 says “whosoever committeth sin transgresseth ALSO the law: for sin is a transgression of the law.
    In Matthew 23:1-3, Jesus himself proclaimed to the people and said, “…The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat: 3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.” This clearly says what the scribes and pharisees tell the people to do, they should do it BUT they should not behave like the scribes and the pharisees. Now, this would have been a good time for Jesus to say to the people don’t bother follow the law because I am the fulfillment of it.
    I could go on, but I stop here, and I hope you get some more understanding.

God bless!