Monday, September 21"And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not."

Reply To: Book of Isaiah

Home Forums Bible Studies Book of Isaiah Reply To: Book of Isaiah

Jibroni
Participant
  • Affiliation:
    Up
    Down

Do you believe these prophesies you point out to be end times prophecies, or events that occur leading up to it? How do you define the “last days”? Does it occur with the “beginning of sorrows”, where nation shall rise against nation, accompanied with all sorts of ‘natural’ disasters, earthquakes, plagues and economic turmoil etc? Or, is it when the Antichrist sits in the temple and declares himself God? These are the things you need to ask yourself when reading Isaiah, because its honestly all over the place with its narrative. I haven’t read all of it myself, although I’ll take a look at the specific scriptures in question. The second thing you need to realize is that all prophecy that concern the last days are not going to be 100% identical to Revelation. Before Revelation, no one had the full story of what actually occurs, not even Jesus himself. Therefore, all end times prophecy prior to revelation should be considered as references at best, and that includes the Olivet Discourse.

I’m sure this is something you haven’t heard suggested before, but you will come to the conclusion from reading revelation correctly that a lot of what the rest of the book says occurs doesn’t actually happen in the order they claim it does. I’ll just say that if the Nile for instance dries up prior to the sixth seal in Revelation 6, which contrary to popular assumption is the true Day of the Lord, not the seventh trumpet like Jesus and Paul claimed, then no, it really isn’t an “end times” prophecy. The only true way we’ll ever know when “the end” has come IS the Day of the Lord itself, which does NOT usher in the rapture, but Gods judgement, the seven trumpets. When you see the sun turn black, the moon turn red, the starts fall from heaven, with a massive earthquake, then you will know that God is about to lay the smack down.

(Revelation 6:12-17) “And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood; {13} And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind. {14} And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places. {15} And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains; {16} And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: {17} For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by Jibroni.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by Jibroni.